On Tuesday, October 19, 2010
TI is introducing the CC2540 Bluetooth IC and CC257x (CC2570 single channel and CC2571 eight channel) ANT network processor, targeted for short-range wireless applications with tight power consumption requirement such as mobile accessories, medical devices, sport and health/fitness devices.
TI CC2540 Bluetooth IC and CC2570/CC2571 ANT Network Processor
Volker Prueller, TI, said:
…The CC2540 and CC257x, combined with our existing low-power RF, WiLink, BlueLink and MSP430 MCU portfolios, solidify TI’s position as the industry leader in complete, highly integrated short-range wireless connectivity solutions that bridge the gap between the mobile and sensor worlds
Key features of CC2540 Bluetooth low energy SoC:
- Integrated controller, host and application in small single chip.
- Firmware (Flash-based) can be updated in the field and data can be stored on-chip.
- Complete solution from TI: low-power RF IC, fully embedded single-mode protocol stack, profile software and applications support.
- RF link budget for long range (up to +97 dB) and coexistence with other 2.4-GHz devices.
- Interoperability/compatibility: Bluetooth specification version 4.0 compliant with single-mode (CC2540) and dual-mode devices (BlueLink 7.0 Bluetooth/FM single chip solution, WiLink 7.0 WLAN/GPS/Bluetooth/FM single chip solution, and WiLink 6.0 WLAN/Bluetooth/FM single chip solution), allowing full link testing and development.
Key features of CC2570/CC2571 ANT network processor:
- Turnkey sensor solution: 2.4-GHz CC257x network processor, MSP430 host microcontroller, software and application support.
- Optimized hardware and software: integration of ANT-FS function and AES encryption support reduces components and bill-of-materials (BOM) cost.
- RF performance: highest link budget (+95 dB) compared to competitive devices and excellent selectivity for coexistence with other 2.4-GHz devices.
- Interoperability/compatibility: TI supports ANT with sensor (CC257x) and mobile devices (WiLink 7.0 and WiLink 6.0 solutions) for a full system solution.
CC2540 Bluetooth low energy IC is available in a QFN-40 package at $2.95 each in 1K unit qty.
The CC2570 and CC2571 ANT network processors are sampling now. Volume production in December 2010. Packed in QFN-40 packages, The price of CC2570 and CC2571 start at $2.75 each in 1K unit qty.
For more information about CC2540 Bluetooth IC, CC2570/CC2571 ANT network processor and the development kits, see www.ti.com/cc2540cc2570-pr.
Possible Related Entries: