On Thursday, October 21, 2010
Lattice has announced the availability of evaluation platform for its Serial RapidIO 2.1 endpoint core utilizing the LatticeECP3 FPGA family. The platform evaluation is based on the Advanced Mezzanine Card (AMC) form factor standard. With this platform, users will be able to investigate the power programmable Serial RapidIO solution in the industry supporting 1x, 4x and the new 2x lane configurations at data rates up to 3.125Gbps.
The LatticeECP3 is the third generation of Lattice’s high value FPGA families, featuring low power consumption and economic prices. LatticeECP3 FPGA family offers multi-protocol 3.2G SERDES with XAUI jitter compliance, powerful DSP capabilities, DDR3 memory interfaces and up to 149K LUTS.
Lattice LatticeECP3 AMC evaluation platform allows designers to investigate and experiment with the features of the LatticeECP3 SERDES and SRIO core in an AMC environment. The board has a single AMC module card edge interface, allowing demonstration of AMC Fat Pipes, and provides a common options interface and a Vita 57.1 FPGA Mezzanine Card (FMC) expansion connector. The AMC board provides a front-panel Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP) cage and an RJ45 network interface for 10/100/1000 Ethernet connectivity. The AMC platform is additionally populated with DDR2 and Flash memories to support an on-chip soft processor.
Lattice LatticeECP3 AMC Evaluation Board
Features of Lattice LatticeECP3 AMC evaluation board:
- Single module AMC PCB card edge interface
- Allows demonstration of AMC Fat Pipes
- Common options interface
- Allows control of SERDES PCS registers using the Serial Client Interface (ORCAstra)
- DMC (FPGA Mezzanine Card) expansion connector
- USB-B connection to UART for run-time control
- RJ45 interface to 10/100/1000 Ethernet to SGMII
- SFP transceiver module cage and connection
- On-board Boot Flash
- 64M Serial SPI Flash
- DDR2 memory components (256MB x 32 bits)
- 32-bit parallel, non-volatile memory that can be read, erased and reprogrammed
- Switches, LEDs and displays for demonstration purposes
- ispVM System software programming support
- On-board reference clock sources
More information about LatticeECP3 AMC evaluation platform can be found on http://www.latticesemi.com/products/fpga/ecp3/ecp3evalboards/ecp3amcevalboard.cfm
Possible Related Entries: