On Thursday, October 21, 2010
Analog Devices today introduced ADuM347x (ADuM3470, ADuM3471, ADuM3472, ADuM3473, and ADuM3474) four-channel digital isolator with integrated PWM controller and transformer driver a single package. ADuM347x digital isolators are ideal for applications that require isolated data and isolated power, including data acquisition, industrial process control using Fieldbus, and building control.
Key features of ADuM347x 4-ch Digital Isolators:
- Isolated PWM Controller
- Integrated transformer driver
- Regulated adjustable output: 3.3 V to 24 V
- 2 W output power
- 70% efficiency at guaranteed load of 400 mA at 5.0 V output
- Quad dc-to-25 Mbps (NRZ) signal isolation channels
- 20-lead SSOP package
- High temperature operation: 105°C
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/µs
- 200 kHz to 1 MHz adjustable oscillator frequency
- Soft start function at power-up
- Pulse-by-pulse overcurrent protection
- Thermal shutdown
- 2500 V rms isolation
ADuM3470, ADuM3471, ADuM3472, ADuM3473, ADuM3474 – Block Diagram
Applications of ADuM347x 4-ch Digital Isolators include:
- RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 transceivers
- Industrial field bus isolation
- Power supply startup bias and gate drives
- Isolated sensor interfaces
- Process controls
ADuM347x (ADuM3470, ADuM3471, ADuM3472, ADuM3473, and ADuM3474) provide four independent data isolation channels at data rates up to 25 Mbps; a transformer driver and PWM controller with isolated feedback to provide a regulated output with up to 70 percent efficiency; and offer 2500-V rms isolation using ADI’s iCoupler digital isolation technology. ADuM347x enables designers to implement an isolated dc-to-dc converter that provides up to 2 watts of regulated, isolated power at 3.3 V to 30 V from a 5.0-V input supply or 3.3-V supply.
Pricing and Availability:
The EVAL-ADuM3471EBZ evaluation board is comprised of two independent and isolated dc-to-dc converter circuits that demonstrate single and double supply applications for the ADuM347x digital isolators. The dc-to-dc converter switching frequency may be adjusted within the range of 200kHz to 1MHz. The board also supports a variety of I/O configurations to allow easy evaluation of the ADuM347x devices.
Complementary components for the ADuM347x family include the AD5422 DAC (digital-to-analog converter) and the following 24-bit sigma-delta ADCs (analog-to-digital converters): AD7190, AD7191, AD7192, AD7193, AD7194, and AD7195.
More information about ADuM347x (ADuM3470, ADuM3471, ADuM3472, ADuM3473, and ADuM3474) four-channel digital isolator can be found at http://www.analog.com
Possible Related Entries: